It’s hard to not have a conversation about customer service and not mention Zappos, but I have to say, they’re wrecking customer service.
1. They make you expect a real person when you call instead of numerous levels of automation hell.
2. Not only do you expect a real person, you expect someone who is friendly, speaks your language and is knowledgeable about their products.
3. You expect your issues to actually be dealt with rather than shunted from person to person until someone finally “accidentally” disconnects the line.
4. You expect your items to arrive within a timely manner.
5. You expect to be treated as a valued customer.
Customer service is truly an important part of every business, but entirely too many companies cut corners and think of it more as a side note. What kind of experience are you providing your customers?